- This event has passed.
Christian Family Life Programme
February 15 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Couples for Christ and its Family Ministry invite you to come and join our Christian Life Program. Formation, fellowship and personal testimonies.
Starting 15th February, 7.00pm, Sacred Heart Hall, 70 Spencer Street, Addington, Christchurch
For more info contact either: Raymond and Mina Pagsanjan 027 2236430
SYNOPSIS OF THE CHRISTIAN LIFE PROGRAM (CLP) OF THE COUPLES FOR CHRIST (CFC)
What is the Christian Life Program (CLP)?
The CLP is an integrated course intended to lead the program participants into a renewed understanding of God’s call to them as Christian couples or individuals. It runs for a total of 12 separate ses¬sions, usually held once a week. Most sessions consist of three basic ingredients: a teaching, a group discussion, and a time for fellowship. Each session would normally last for about 2 1/2 hours.
What are the goals of the CLP?
1. For the individual, it brings a person into a stronger rela¬tionship with God by discovering and living more fully the power and gifts he or she received through the Holy Spirit.
2. For the family, it brings married couples to a renewed commit¬ment to Christian family Life and it starts to build up a commu¬nity of committed Christian families.
3. For the Church, it brings people within a particular parish to a fuller experience of life in the Spirit. Consequently, it strengthens and revitalizes community life in the parish.
What is the content of the CLP?
The CLP runs for a total of 12 consecutive sessions usually held weekly, divided into an orientation session and then 3 modules of 4 sessions each. The topics of the 12 sessions are:
Module No. 1: THE BASIC TRUTHS ABOUT CHRISTIANITY
1. God’s Love
2. Who is Jesus Christ?
3. What it means to be a Christian
4. Repentance and Faith
Module No. 2: THE AUTHENTIC CHRISTIAN LIFE
5. The Christian Ideal: Loving God
6. Loving Your Neighbor
7. The Christian Family
8. Life in the Holy Spirit
Module No. 3: LIVING A SPIRIT FILLED CHRISTIAN LIFE
9. Receiving the Power of the Holy Spirit
10. Growing in the Spirit
11. The Life and Mission of the Couples of Christ
12. Transformation in Christ
What is the content of each of the above teachings?
The first four talks form the first module of the CLP and present the absolute basics of Christian life. It is basically Christian theology.
The next module, consisting of another four sessions, presents the kind of life that God calls us to. It spells out the personal response involved in receiving Jesus as Lord and Saviour and helps couples to make a reorientation of their lives around Jesus.
The third and final module helps the couples to commit their lives in a serious way to Jesus Christ.
We invite you take it one module at a time. Allow the Lord to work in you at each passing week. Be open to the changes that God will make in your life in the course of the program.
Note: Couples for Christ is a Vatican recognized international private association of the faithful.