- This event has passed.
Vigil For Peace: 12 Hours of Prayer for Peace in Ukraine
March 25 @ 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
The Christchurch church leaders have agreed to a call to prayer for Peace in Ukraine.
This is to be held on Friday 25 March, 7am to 7pm
Given our Red Light restrictions, we are unable to organise a gathering of Christians from across the city in one venue to pray. Accordingly, we are calling individuals, families and churches across the whole of our city and region to intentionally pray on this day.
Some churches may look to organise an hour of concentrated prayer within the period between 7am and 7pm.
That the situation in Ukraine is desperate and urgent goes without saying. Our Lord is the Prince of Peace and encourages us to pray for peace.
• For peace and stability to be restored quickly
• Safe passage for civilians
• Safe aid routes
• The Church in Ukraine and surrounding countries
• Medical aid within Ukraine
• Refugee care and relief in border countries
• For God’s protection over children and families as they are uprooted from their hometowns.
• For Aid organisations to be able to quickly reach the most vulnerable families with the resources they need most.
This prayer vigil has been initiated and supported by the Heads of Denominations and Te Raranga Network of Churches