Director of the John Paul II Centre for Life
Part-time, permanent role: 20 – 25 hours per week (negotiable)
The John Paul II Centre for Life Charitable Trust (JPII Centre) is a Catholic Organisation dedicated to helping build a culture of life, marriage and family in the Christchurch Diocese through prayer, education and service.
The JPII Centre is seeking an experienced Director to lead the JPII Team. The Director is responsible for promoting the mission of the JPII Centre and for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Centre. Over the past year the Centre has undergone some big changes and a new Director will help lead the Centre into a new era. The Director will provide leadership, clear direction and coordinate the work of the centre, overseeing and supervising staff and volunteers and providing resources, services and programmes to fulfil the strategic direction and plan set by the JPII Centre Trust Board.
The key responsibilities of the director include:
- Leading the team according to the Centre’s vision, mission and values as articulated by the Catholic Church’s teaching on marriage, family and human life.
- Ensuring the provision of high-quality services and programmes.
- Management and supervision of direct report staff and volunteers along with professional development, training and performance of all staff.
- Fundraising and operating within an agreed budget.
- Development and coordination of the Centre’s planning and reporting.
- Managing all relevant external relationships.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have the following skills, values and experience:
• An understanding of, empathy with, and commitment to the mission and values of the JPII Centre as articulated by the Catholic Church’s teaching on marriage, family and human life
• Strong leadership skills and relevant experience in managing and leading in the Not-For-Profit Sector including leading, recruiting, training and motivating staff and volunteers.
• Ability to build strong and positive relationships with part time staff, volunteers, board members, supporters and stake holders in a collaborative manner. Understands, develops and maintains a healthy culture within the JPII Centre staff.
• Experience in fundraising. Some financial management experience would be advantageous.
• Ability to see the ‘big picture’ while also working day to day effectively as part of a small team.
• A high standard of personal integrity, empathy and can maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent strategy, planning and decision-making skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills would be an advantage.
The hours and days are flexible, but ideally, we need someone who can commit to around four or five hours a day, five days a week. Only applicants that can work long term in New Zealand will be eligible for this role.
For a position description, application form or more information, contact Matt O’Connell 027 536 9407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 9th September.
Caritas is seeking a Wellington-based Head of Programmes to lead and manage the Programmes Team, and ensure the effective management of partnerships for development and humanitarian relief within the team. The successful applicant will also be responsible for identifying programme opportunities that will help the team and group to engage with current partners (and potential partners).