The Transition Facilitator is a new role in the Diocese, to support the Bishop in implementing the Diocese Vision and Strategy of ‘Our Faith, Our Future’ with the establishment of new parish structures and assist in the shaping and defining of the strategic direction. Reporting to the Bishop, this role will support the planning, implementing and embedding of changes across the parishes of the Diocese, including building engagement of commitment to the Diocesan vision. The role will support parishes through facilitation, coaching and creating an environment where positive change happens and supporting those in leadership roles.
The Catholic Diocese of Christchurch is looking for a person with:
- A tertiary qualification
- Experience in facilitation, and transition and change management
- A strategic view, with the ability to conceptualise, formulate and implement plans and actions
- Outstanding relationship management and influencing skills
- The ability to work effectively across a broad range of stakeholders in a parish community environment and build engagement
- Experience in working effectively and collaboratively as part of a team and be equally comfortable working autonomously
- Highly developed communication skills and experience in building strong internal and external relationships and influencing outcomes
- The capability to work with people from a diverse range of cultural, socio-economic and values-based demographics
- The ability to deal with ambiguity; to innovate when plans don’t play out as expected, have an enquiring mind, and can foresee consequences and resolve roadblocks
- Experience in the not-for-profit or public sector would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will also possess a respect for the tradition, values, and an understanding of and empathy with the Catholic faith.
Candidates can download a candidate briefing document, including position description, and apply online via the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz. To apply by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to email@example.com quoting 7186aa. Applications close on 2 August 2020. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 274 478 102.
Working for the Catholic Parish of Christchurch West
We need leaders who have energy, vision and creativity that want to work as a member of our Parish Senior Leadership Team to help all to live with and in the Spirit, for the Father. To apply, one must have an education in Catholic Theology, ability to plan or vision, desire to Evangelise, experience with a parish and/or diocese. It is a full-time position, see the flexible job description below for further details.
How to apply
To apply, please send us your:
- a response to the Job Description (three-page limit)
- a statement about your personal approach to ministry
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org