Caritas has launched an appeal to assist the Pacific nations with the pandemic.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has spread rapidly and globally with devastating impact. Caritas is working with partners on the ground across the Pacific and around the world to support vulnerable communities as they prepare for and respond to the effects of the disease.
Our relationships with our partners on the ground allow us to help respond to their unique needs in the context of their communities. Right now, we are focused on prevention, preparedness and response through:
- Consistent messaging, including debunking myths, understanding the risk of infection and how the virus spreads
- Raising awareness on personal hygiene and shared spaces
- Designing activities to help convey messages throughout communities
- Gathering resources such as food, water and beds
- Distributing life-saving supplies such as soap and hand sanitiser”
By donating to the Pandemic Appeal, you are helping to minimize the impact of COVID-19 on local communities across the Pacific and around the world.
More information can be found on the Caritas website, where donations can also be made.