Society of St Vincent de Paul – Retail Manager
We are excited to be opening our third ‘second hand’ store in Hornby, Christchurch and now need to recruit a suitable person to manage this store. The job includes, but is not limited to –
– Managing the day to day operations of the shop;
– Coordinating with our drivers the pick up and delivery of furniture and other goods;
– Overseeing the stock room and managing stock control.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Past leadership/management experience;
– Retail sales experience; and
– An awareness of brands
You will be –
– Caring and show compassion for others;
– Organised and energetic.
To apply for this attractive position, please send your CV to email@example.com or, alternatively send to
The Society of St Vincent de Paul
P O Box 26007
Applications close Friday 12 May 2018
Society of St Vincent de Paul – Administration Assistant
This is a paid role, 20 hours per week that focuses on financial and administrative support to the Manager. We are a charitable organisation whose mission is to ‘care for and support those in need’. We have a small number of paid staff that are assisted by many voluntary workers.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Administration Assistant is responsible for-
- Financial:Reconciliation , processing and payment of creditors; Maintain Xero Accounting system; Process wages and salaries; Reconcile and process income received, including donations; Bank income received on a daily basis; Assist with the preparation of the monthly Financial Reports.
- Administration:Provide secretarial support to the Manager; Process inwards and outwards correspondence; File Council and Board papers; Assist in the development / updating of procedure manuals; Assist with the archiving and file management of our records – including those in our IT systems.
The successful candidate will need to have the following skills and qualities-
- Is reliable and has the ability to get things done;
- Sound skills in office administration;
- Experience in financial management;
- Some experience in using Xero software – not essential;
- Good communicator – both verbally and written;
- Self motivated with a high work ethic;
- Is honest, trustworthy and able to demonstrate integrity;
- Is caring and shows compassion for other people.
This is a great opportunity to join a great team and help us to help others.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org