Posts From the monthly archives: "August 2015"

On Sunday 23rd August in 1840 the newly arrived French settlers were led in a Mass on the foreshore of Akaroa harbour by Marist Missionaries Frs Jean-Baptist Comte and Jean Pezant. The 53 French and 9 Germans had come ashore on the 19th August. They had left France with the task of setting up…(Read More)

In the letter Bishop states that the plan for the Diocese is a “single plan” including the Cathedral. The Diocese is required to repair or strengthen all of its buildings to a minimum of 34% of the new building standards.  We have a maximum of fifteen years to complete these works.  For heritage buildings we…(Read More)